Gin Rummy
Forum
LIVE
Play FREE or win CA$H Prizes!
Main Forum
Slow or Frequent Disconnections

Slow or Frequent Disconnections
Posted by 1okaylady (TD) May 3 2009 9:52AM

For those that have are having slow or frozen tables frequently,,,,, and someone tells you to clear your CACHE OR TEMPORTY FILE, this is how you do it: 1. Click on start 2. Click on Control Panel 3. Click on Network and internet connections 4. Go to bottom or PICK A CONTROL OPTION, under which you choose INTERNET OPTIONS, you will get a new window: 5. Click DELETE 6. In this window, you will see: DELETE OPTIONS and a new window will appear. 7. In this window, which says at the top, DELETE BROWSING HISTORY click delete files, and a new window pops up, click YES and away it goes...... WHEN that finishes, Click DELETE COOKIES, when finishes, Click DELETE HISTORY, 8. THEN CLOSE at the bottom, when that window closes, click OK and 9 Close the screen, by clicking the RED X, top right hand corner of screen 10. This should help your computer run much faster. If you have never done this, it may take a while, less than a few minutes though I find that I have to do this several times a day, especially after reading email, so you might too

slow or frequent disconnections..
Posted by Upsydaizie May 13 2009 10:09AM

If you have to clear your cache as often as everyday or even every week, try upgrading your browser. I was running Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) It did not have enough memory in it to effectively run games in Game Colony. I googled it and upgraded to IE8. It was very easy to do and fast- less than 2 mins. But if your computer is not cleaned up to begin with, it may take a while. Even if that is the case, it will make a world of difference in GC and all along the web. Good luck!

Thank You Upsydaizie,
Posted by 1okaylady (TD) May 14 2009 3:06AM

I have followed your advice and downloaded to the new Internet Explorer 8. I'm not so computer saavy so your advice is well appreciated and is any other advice available. It's players like yourself, that continue to improve this site to be the BEST on the Web.

GC Store